New Kick-Off Rule
The NFL changes rules every year to ensure player safety. But two years ago they made a rule to kick off from the thirty-five yard line instead of the thirty-yard to have more touchbacks and less returns. The NFL made this rule because they wanted to reduce the risk of injury. They saw that a lot of injuries have come from kickoffs. This rule has affected the game as I have seen for the past two years. There have been more touchbacks in games. Although this rule is good, kick returners are learning to take the ball 5 yards deep in the end zone and sill get it to the twenty-yard line. When I asked my dad about the new rule he said, “I think it was a good and bad thing. The bad thing is that it takes some excitement out of the game.” It was interesting to hear what my dad had to say about the rule. I do agree with him it does take out big and fun plays and makes the game a little boring to watch. Some studies show that the number of injuries has gone down significantly in the past two years which shows that the NFL is making a step in the right direction.
I don't like the rule either.....*game*. Your Welcome...
ReplyDeleteThomas
IDC
ReplyDeleteyo tom
ReplyDelete